CMA CGM set to take control of CEVA
From Logistics Manager Magazine,
Published Friday 12 April 2019 12:11 pm
CMA CGM says it will hold 97.89 per cent of CEVA’s outstanding shares 16th April – settlement day for its bid.
It plans to set up a CEVA operational centre in Marseilles (CMA CGM’s
headquarters) to bring together the management teams and support
functions. It has set out plans for:
– improving productivity by investing in information systems and digital technology;
– refocusing local teams on customer service;
– achieving a more balanced customer segmentation;
– streamlining the corporate organisation, in particular by reducing the number of regions and harmonizing processes;
– implementing more targeted, more customer-focused communication.
CMA CGM chairman Rodolphe Saadé said: “This successful transaction
marks a major milestone in the history of CMA CGM’s growth. With CEVA,
CMA CGM has confirmed its position as a leading worldwide maritime
transport and logistics group, supported by a team of 110,000 employees.
We can now offer our customers a complete range of solutions that meet
all their needs and set us apart from the competition.”